Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Check Out Our New Design on CK and New Promo Ideas elsewhere

It's a free day of the month and it appears no one is blogging, so I thought I'd take advantage and share the new background design done by Alison Bruce.  She created the snazzy bookshelves featuring covers of our participants. I'll be updating the video soon, but I'm waiting for more covers.  Today,  I'm also going to share a blog I posted on Dishin' It Out (mizging@blogspot.com) in case anyone has an interest in sharing your work.  The genre doesn't matter.  It's a chance for you to share six paragraphs from your work (published or WIP) on your own blog, but just email me the link so I can compile a list on my blog for readers to visit.

Hope to hear from you.  Drop me at line at mizging@gmail.com if you'd like to be included this coming Friday. Please put Friday Freebits in the subject line.


Monday's Blog on Dishin It Out:

Sadly, I must announce the end of Sunday Snippets.  Although I have some great friends who have willingly participated, the use of the Linky List has been more confusing than helpful.  Yesterday, when I went to comment on blogs, I found the wrong lists added to some people's post, no banners or links, and in some cases, people didn't bother to post.Can't say that I blame them!  I chalk all these mistakes up to my own y inability to figure out how the link works.  As a matter of fact, I thought I had it figured out, and today when I went into the blog, the entire list of those who had signed up last week was missing.  I went into the Linky List Tool and manually added this list back, but even then I found discrepancies.

My second reason is competition.  The recent addition of a new western blog who has also chosen to do 'Saddle Up for Sunday Snippets' will be confusing...as well as another group sharing the same name.  Now I've figured out something else...Friday Freebits.  If you would like to continue sharing six paragraphs of your work for free promo, then let me know.  Instead of using the linky list (for which I have to pay), I'll just ask that you notify me via email each week with your name and link. ADDED:  If you want to be a regular participant, I'll just continue to add you unless I hear differently. Seems I've doing everything manually, anyhow...so I might as well make it legit.  *lol*  If enough of you want to continue...we can use this pretty graphic.


The rules will remain the same.  Share six paragraphs, use the graphic and just post a link back to my blog for the list...this way, there won't be any errors. So...email me at mizging@gmail.com and let me know if you want to have a permanent fixture for your Fridays.  It sure makes things easier for me to plan ahead.  I can schedule the blog and be ready. PLUS...the blog will remain all through the weekend, giving more people the ability to visit.

****
Also, I have places available on Wednesdays only, "A Page Straight From."  On this feature, I asked participants to supply the most enticing page from one of their books to draw the readers in for more, and I need cover art and a buy link.  This one will appear on my blog, but I promote well, and with Triberr, your post will be shared many many times.  Let me know if you're interested at the email listed above....please put A Page Straight From in the subject line so I don't get confused.

Thanks for letting me veer from the norm.

1 comment:

Alison E. Bruce said...

Thanks for the back-pat, Ginger. I'll have to finish my taxes before I take part in you promotional ideas, but they look great.