Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Tied To A Dream

Have you ever wanted to be a cowgirl? 

I was born and raised a city kid with an overwhelming, overpowering love of horses. My folks, both confirmed city people, are still trying to figure out how  horse-mania manifested itself in one of their children. I think it came from my maternal grandfather. He was a sheriff in North Dakota in the early part of the twentieth century and a lifelong horse trader. The Equine gene seems to have jumped over a generation and landed full force on me. 

When I was fourteen, after years of begging for a horse of my own, they gave in and bought me a two-year-old buckskin gelding named Gypsy. From riding Gypsy for fun, I moved on to  barrel racing and rodeo. I've had so many great barrel horses, and have been so fortunate to be able to do what I love. 

This is a picture of my latest barrel horse, Star Dun Mack, better known as Cisco.

I found my second love, writing contemporary western romance, much later in life. I remember reading a book that was a great romance, but the author had the horse, rodeo and ranching parts all wrong.

Like the newbie I was, I though, I can write a better book than that. How hard can it be?

Let me tell you, it's hard. Very hard.

I have several books under my belt now and my latest, Sugar Pine Cowboy, is the fourth in the Sugar Coated Cowboys series. This book is Marlene's story. If you've read Gimme Some Sugar, you'll remember Marlene, Micah West's ex-wife. She was a memorable character, and not in a good way.

Sugar Pine Cowboy is one of my favorite books, because of the fun I had watching Marlene come into her own. Then there's Bose Kovac, the original Sugar Pine Cowboy, and one of the sweetest heros I've had the pleasure of writing.

Sugar Pine Cowboy is now available in the anthology Cowboy Charmed. Along with mine, there are five other contemporary western romances written by award winning authors for only 99 cents. I hope you enjoy them all.
Fall in love with six incredible tales of men who know how to treat a woman...

Sugar Pine Cowboy
Stephanie Berget 
Marlene Clegg discovers that rekindling a lost love is the hardest task of all. Especially when she’s burned every bridge on her journey to find riches and fame

Cowboy Kind of Trouble 
Allison Merritt 
A wreck stole his bull riding career, but one special woman can give him something greater--love.

Cowboy, Convince Me
Danita Cahill 
A cowboy shattered Shay's heart and her dreams. Does she dare trust another?

Double Numbers
RaeAnne Hadley 
They were the inseparable ones, practically from birth. Jathan, Valerie and Hudson did everything together, ranging from homework to horse roping to mischief making. 

As an adult, Valerie yearns for making a name for herself in the roping industry and finding happiness with the only man she’s ever loved. Can she get Hudson to see her as a woman or will she always be a little girl in his eyes?

Love Me Anyway
Paty Jager 
Melanie Trask is hiding at a remote dude ranch. When she and the ranch owner can no longer deny their feelings, he offers to help her divorce her abusive husband. But she has one more secret she hasn’t revealed…

Branded
D’Ann Lindun 
Cordero Ybarra holds his secrets close, refusing to open up about the night racial prejudice almost killed him. Aspen O’Hare refuses to trust Cord—or any man—because she’s been abandoned one too many times. Can Cord and Aspen see through the pain to find love?

No comments: